My favourite vlogger Sarah’s Day made these chickpea burgers in one of her videos and I had to try them, too! Turned out, they taste really good! And I decided to share this delicious vegan burger recipe with you.
You can totally replace meat with these plant-based, gluten and dairy free burgers at any time you like!
- 1 whole zucchini
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion
- 1/2-1 cup almond and/or buckwheat flour (or a mixture of two of them)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt
Herbs and Spices :
- Smoked Paprika
- Italian Herbs
- You can play around with different herbs and spices and find your favourites.
- Grate zucchini. Squeeze the excess water out. Use a paper towel to get the remaining liquid.
- Fry onion (and garlic, if you like) on a pan with coconut oil, until they turn golden brown.
- Place zucchini, drained and rinsed chickpeas, fried onion, 1/2 cup of almond/buckwheat flour, nutritional yeast, sea salt and herbs and spices in a bowl and work the mixture really well with your hands (OR use a food processor if you have one!). Add more almond or buckwheat flour if needed. The mixture should hold together.
- Form 6-8 patties and coat them in a mixture of almond flour, sea salt, and black pepper. Fry in some coconut oil over medium heat for about 5-6 min per side or even more if you want. I like them well cooked and golden brown.