I found this recipe from From My Bowl blog. She posted a picture of these bars on her Instagram and I immediately wanted to try them out. They are actually quite easy to make and contain only 6-7 ingredients!! And they are SO DELICIOUS! You can’t even believe…how good they taste! And they are healthy!!
- 1 packed cup Medjool Dates
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Maca Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅔ cup Oat Flour
- ¼ cup Date Caramel, above
- ⅓ cup Dry Roasted Peanuts (I used Salted)
- 4 oz (115g) Vegan Chocolate
- Remove the pits from the Medjool Dates and pack them (really pack them!) into 1 cup. Transfer the Dates to a larger bowl and cover with hot water. Soak the Dates for 10 minutes (or just cover the Dates in water and microwave for 60-80 seconds if you want to be efficient).
- If you do not have Oat Flour, make some by blending a scant ⅔ cup of Quick or Rolled Oats in a Blender for 45-60 seconds until smooth and fluffy.
- Drain any excess liquid off of the Medjool Dates (they should be relatively moist, but not dripping) and add them to a food processor or high-speed blender with the remaining ingredients for the Caramel. Process until thick and smooth, scraping the sides of the device if necessary.
- Remove the Date “Caramel” from the food processor. Add the Oat Flour to the food processor (no need to rinse) with ¼ cup of the Date Caramel and process until well incorporated. This should form a slightly sticky “dough” that will hold together when you pinch it.
- Firmly and evenly press the Oat Flour Nougat into a small and narrow container.
- Use a spatula to spread the remaining Date Caramel evenly over the Nougat, then sprinkle the Peanut Pieces over the Caramel. Use your fingers to press the Peanuts into the Caramel layer, so they stick.
- Place this in the freezer for 60-90 minutes, until firm.
- Remove the frozen “filling” from its container, then use a sharp knife to cut it into bar-sized pieces. Return these to the freezer while you melt your chocolate.
- Melt your Chocolate using either a double boiler or the microwave. If you choose to use the microwave, place your Chocolate pieces in a wide bowl (so the candy bars will fit along the base) and microwave at 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between. Once the Chocolate is 75% melted, stop microwaving and stir the mixture with a spatula until completely melted.
- Moving quickly, place 1 candy bar into the bowl of melted Chocolate. Use two forks to “flip” the bar, until it is coated in chocolate on all sides. Remove the ar from the melted Chocolate, letting any excess chocolate drip off. Then, place it onto a plate lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining bars.
- Place the bars in the fridge for 5-10 minutes, to allow the Chocolate to harden.
- Serve and enjoy! Bars are best stored in the fridge and will last there for up to 10 days. You can also place them in the freezer, where they will last for up to one month – just let the bars thaw for 5 or so minutes before enjoying.
The original recipe (and notes about the ingredients & instructions): http://frommybowl.com/healthy-snickers-bars/
Hope you love them as much as I do!