A few days ago I was craving crunchy cookies and because my kitchen cupboards are full of all kind of healthy alternatives for baking I randomly made up these very simple cookies. You only need 5 ingredients plus cinnamon and salt. These turned out pretty crunchy and so yummy!
- 2 dl almond meal
- 1 dl coconut flour
- 1 dl/75g coconut oil (soft)
- 1-1,5 dl coconut sugar, you can choose how sweet you want your cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven: 175 C
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Form spoonful of dough into a ball using your hands and place it onto a baking sheet. Do it with the rest of the dough.
- Press the balls into flat cookies using a fork. Dip the fork into a warm water in between, so it won’t stick onto the cookies when pressing.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon and coconut sugar on top of the cookies.
- Bake about 12-15 min. Coming directly out of the oven, cookies will be soft. As they cool down, they become crunchy on the outside.